With everyone having access to the Internet, youtube, Photoshop and other graphics software, some business owners embark on the task of designing their own logos and promotional material.
Is this the right thing to do? In my
opinion, if the person is confident and has a creative flair and skills in using graphic design software, then he/she can give it a go. Why not? After all, designing a logo can be a lot of fun.
If you need a new logo, you will need to consider the following:
· You might know how to use Photoshop, but is it the most suitable software for a logo?
· You may know what kind of design you like but will it look professional?
· You may have a lot of time to come up with ideas but will they attract clients/customers?
· How much can you spend on a new logo? How much re-designing the old one would cost?
· Have you thought of resolution, spot colors, printing, vectors, saving your logo for your website?
There is a lot to think about, because designing a logo is a skill, that graphic designers possess. A professional graphic designer can re-design logos or create them from scratch. If you are unsure about designing a logo yourself, you will need to find a professional designer. This way, you can have a peace of mind and take care of other aspects of the business.